Sunday, November 21, 2010

Patience

I am finally home from a long swim meet in Long Beach. I am here in Provo for 2 days and then it is off to Henderson to see my family! I am soooo excited! It doesn't even seem real that I will be going home and seeing everybody and staying in my old house and sleeping in my old bed. It feels like I have been gone a lot longer than 3 months.

Not only am I excited to just see my family but also to eat Thanksgiving dinner with them and to watch the dog show with my brother and sister. It's always a good time with my family during the holidays.

So, it really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas here. It snowed, and it was so beautiful. My friends and I were walking back from church in the snow and we were singing Christmas songs. It was so great. I could have kept walking but it got a little too cold. I have never lived in the snow so I don't really know what to expect, but so far I just think it is so pretty and festive.

This weekend I realized that I should appreciate what I have now, and should not dwell on what I want to have or become. I am grateful for who I am today. Although I may want to see results now, everything takes time. Patience is a great quality to have, but sometimes the waiting is hard when others get exactly what we wanted in no time. But with time the rewards are greater.

My Book of Mormon teacher shared this with our class and I liked it a lot:

No comments:

Post a Comment