Thursday, August 28, 2014

"When I Met You in the Summer"

Summer is coming to an end, what?! How is this happening. IDK, but it is. Let's just talk about my summer lyfe for a bit, shall we?

This summer was the best of my entire life. No doubt. No question about it. I didn't have swimming in my life so I basically got to do whatever the heck I wanted.  Stay up 'til 4 am? No problem. Go out of town for the weekend? I'm down. I've never had that kind of freedom in my life before and I never want to give it up.

I tried to spend a lot of time outside and explore Utah. I'll admit that before this summer I disliked Utah a whole lot. I almost hated it. The winters make me so angry and I hate my life for about 6 months of the year. Well, today I can say that I really LOVE Utah! Seriously guys, it has so much to offer. The weather is beautiful, the mountains have so many beautiful hikes, there are tons of lakes all around the state, and the people here are pretty awesome too. I've been converted. #what

Maybe I am just saying all of these great things about Utah because summer puts me in a really great mood. Seriously. If you know me well you know that summer brings out the best in me. I actually get out and socialize with people when the weather is warm. Fall is another story, but I'm working on it.

This summer I really worked on myself. Not in a "I'm only going to think about myself and ignore everyone else" kind of way.  But in the way that I became my best self. I developed a stronger relationship with my Savior (I'm a mormon), and through him I developed stronger relationships with everyone around me! It was the best decision I have ever made. I have never been so happy and content with my life. I want everyone to have what I have! Go here if your heart so desires http://www.mormon.org/.

School starts in a couple of days, and you know what? I am ready. This is my last year of college and I can hardly believe it. Where has time gone? Sometimes I cry (like today) because time passed so quickly and I'm not a freshman anymore and I can't live young, wild, and free and get away with it (I need my sleep people). But that is OKAY because there are so many more opportunities headed my way. At least I hope so.

I'm not lying when I say that every single year someone asks me if I am a freshman on the first day of school. It's an ongoing problem. People always tell me that I should consider it a compliment and that I just look young, but I'M NOT 18 ANYMORE PEOPLE. Ever heard that song 22 by T Swift? Yeah, I'm feelin' pretty 22 because I am. K, I'm over it.

But on the real, what should I say when someone asks me what year I am in school? Lyke, 5th year? Senior? Super senior? Holla at ya girl I'm too old for college now. Sorry for the digression.

Just in case you wanted to know, this is my current jam. I listen to it all day every day and it makes me feel pretty good.




Also, here are some pictures from my radical summer. (Did I just say radical?)










Sorry for all the selfies. Forgive me? Thanks for reading. I love you.

XOXO,
ALLIE YO

No comments:

Post a Comment