Sunday, May 25, 2014

Dat blogging life yo

Lyke hi guyz. The blog is freakin' back and I'm slightly embarrassed. It's almost too mormon for me, but I'm going with it. I haven't blogged in over two years so I may be a little rusty. So much has happened in the past two years I would not be able to recap it all but I figure a brief update on my life wouldn't hurt. So here is what I have been up to.

I FINISHED SWIMMING! WHAT? Yeah, I feel weird still. But it is true. I made it four years swimming at BYU. It was HARD. Like I still have nightmares hard. But well worth it let me tell ya! I wouldn't trade those four years for anything! Now that I am done I have all of this new found time on my hands. I get to sleep in and do whatever I want between the hours of 2pm and 4 pm instead of going to practice. I still sometimes get anxiety about not swimming. Like I probably can't make a 1:10 interval for 100 freestyles?! I'm worthless now! Not really, but I feel that way sometimes. Enough about swimming. It will always be a part of me, but it is over now. It was a good run.

I still haven't figured out my life. Yeah, nothing has changed as far as my future. Way back during freshman year when I would blog consistently I was always freakin' about my future and what I was going to do with my life, and 3 years later I am in the same boat. Some days I get really motivated and have it all figured out and other days I just wanna be a homemaker. That's a career right? I do have goals, though. I am majoring in Exercise Science and I had planned on applying to Med School next Spring but I am having second thoughts. I mean, it' s a huge commitment as far as time and money. Do I really want to commit to that? I don't know! That seems to be the question of my life! I have thought of going to PA school and I am on track to do that now but the process is a little different from Med School so I am behind. UGH. I just wish someone would tell me what to do! No, I don't really wish that. I take it back.

I met my best friend in college! This is old news but hasn't been documented. I call her "bridesmaid material", because that is what she is. I haven't had a friend this special since all my friends from high school. She is one of a kind and I have the best time with her. Lyke I lover her and she's my person and always will be. She and I are freakin' funny, at least we think we are. Never laughed so hard with someone within the first two minutes of meeting. The first night we hung out my cheeks hurt SO BAD. I don't believe that it takes more muscles to frown because I got a face workout from laughing and smiling so much. She was my roommate this past year in college and she made it the best year ever! So many good memories. Now she is getting married and I'm sad because I lost my roommate but I will never lose my person. Oh yeah, we have an obsession with Grey's Anatomy, specifically with Cristina Yang and Meredith Grey, so we call each other "my person." Watch the show.

I am happy! The last time I was blogging I was in a sad place. I'm just gonna lay it flat out and you might feel weird but it's my lyyyyfe and I'm willing to share. I parted ways with my best friend that was a guy and it killed me. I seriously couldn't go one day without feeling sad about our parting ways. I cried a lot, and I am not even emotional. I contemplated running away. I wanted to be anywhere but in Provo where he was. But over the past two years I healed and now I am happier than ever. I have so many things to be grateful for in my life and I never want to overlook those things again.

Golly gee this is a long post. Sorry about that. I am just so happy to be back in the blogging world. Life is good. Happy Sunday folks. Oh, and here are some photos from the past year with a few shameless selfies in the mix. Sorry.
 XOXO,
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment